Questions I have been asked that for some of them I wish wasn’t asked
- So, what kind of Native are you? No problem answering this but it usually leads to a slew of questions like the following…
- Do you speak Native? Native is not a language.
- Are you a Native princess? Note: Does not work as a pick-up line.
- Does your family drink? Like, are they alcoholics? No my family does not drink.
- Hey baby, want some of THIS peace pipe? And the man asking this is usually grabbing his crotch as I walk by.
- Do you have a tax-card? Sure if you want to call it that.
- Can you take me shopping with your tax card? As long as you pay for my stuff too.
- Did you huff gas as a kid too? Nope. Why, did you?
- Do you have a spirit name? Yup it’s running-duck-with-no-wings-in-the-wind-wild-and-over-the-edge-every-time-I’m-asked-this-question.
- Do you know how to say your spirit name in your language? Yup it’s running-duck-with-no-wings-in-the-wind-wild-and-over-the-edge-every-time-I’m-asked-this-question.