Stephen Harper PMO
Accomplishments (for lack of a better word)
- Truth in Sentencing Act
- Crime Bill 2011
- Third Party Management sent to Attawapiskat
- Proposed private property ownership of First Nations Land
- Proposed Third Party Management of Education Funding (circa 2008)
- Submitted a Residential School Apology
- Admitted to foreign countries that there was no history of colonialism in Canada
Accomplishments (as taken from his website)
- Elected chief of the Red Sucker Lake Indian Band (now Red Sucker Lake First Nation) at age 29.
- Appointed to cabinet as Minister Without Portfolio Responsible for Native Affairs and later as Minister of Northern Affairs.
- Blocked the Canadian constitutional amendment known as the Meech Lake Accord for “lack of adequate participation and recognition of Aboriginal people in that process.”
- Won the Stanley Knowles Humanitarian Award (the same presented to Nelson Mandela of South Africa.)
- Voted as the Newsmaker of the Year in Canada for 1990 by the Canadian Press.
- In 1990, the Red Sucker Lake First Nation bestowed him the title of Honourary Chief for Life.
For more on Elijah Harper, please visit his website.