- Have a goal. Even if you are just “going with the flow”, you cannot go anywhere if you don’t have a goal.
- Remember to breathe. You can’t do anything if you are not breathing…unless of course you are swimming underwater. THEN, I suggest you remember to hold your breathe!
- Realize you can’t control everything. You just can’t, and if you try to then you already failed.
- Be aware. Be aware about what goes around you and within in you. Find out what inspires you, and find out what annoys you. Then stop doing what annoys you, and start doing more of what inspires you.
- Stop caring. That is, stop caring about what others think of you. If you must care about what others think about you, make sure that those same people care about what YOU think.
- Write things down. Don’t make a to-do list. Instead, keep a reflective journal. Write down what you did, how you handled it, and how it made you feel. Then let it go.
- Start off small. That goal you have at #1, break it down into smaller goals.
I wrote this blog because lately people have been asking me “What do you want to do after all THIS?” What?! What’s THIS?! Why does everyone need to know about or need to have plans?! The only time that anything has ever worked out for me was when I just went with the flow. I didn’t expect anything, and I was honest about what I wanted. Sometimes people are set back when they talk to me and I can’t answer their questions. It’s not that I can’t or don’t know what I want. It is the exact opposite. I know EXACTLY what it is I want. I just know that if I set out a rigid, strict plan, then I’ve already set myself up to fail. Remember, this is what works for me. It may not work for you. Your flow might be different than my flow 😉