Here is an article titled No need to declare emergency over Ontario fires McGuinty says.
Yea, there is no need to declare an emergency. I mean there have only been …
- 111 fires
- 13 new fires
- Over 480,000 hectares to date
- Over 2000 fire personnel engaged
- 621 out-of-province personnel
- 17 heavy bombs, 4 light bombers, 90+ helicopters and other support aircraft
- Oh and provincial emergency operations center is now operating at full activation and coordinating provincial efforts
Naw, we don’t need to declare an emergency. I mean most of these places are First Nations anyways. And what, First Nations have survived genocide, diseases, and residential schools. What’s a little fire gonna do?
Note: I don’t agree with McGuinty. Prayers to evacuees and their families. Let’s hope that this doesn’t get …ummm…too out of control….?!?!