In society today this is how it goes for most women (still.. today):
- If you are single, there is something wrong with you.
- If you are childless, there is something wrong with you
- If you are single and childless, there is definitely something wrong with you (and you are making it worse by not getting married).
- If you are not married, there is something wrong with you.
- If you are married and childless, there is definitely something wrong with you too.
You know what is wrong today? Society. I am happy, single, and childless…not single, unhappy, and helpless.
I love this post. I am single and childfree. I am happy on my own. I feel there is a great sickness in the culture that pushes heteronormative and homogenous standards that don't work or fit for everyone. By the way the above comment is spam I do believe!
Thanks for the comment @Anishnaabekwe! That is how I feel as well. I get asked a lot why I don't have a boyfriend or if I will have a family. I already have a family and already had a few boyfriends. All I say is that I am good for now thanks! Once again thank you for sharing your experiences and your comments! Love your blog to btw. xo
There is nothing missing from our lives. We are complete. Everyone has their own path in life. It's great these days that we have a choice to be single and decide not to have children. As Anishinaabekwe we are life givers but we give life by nurturing other things such as the land, waters and for me I love my cat, haha! I love your blog too! 🙂